Indigenous Water Knowledge Symposium
ASL proudly presents the second annual Indigenous Water Knowledge Symposium. Following on from the success of last year’s event at Ballarat, ASL is committed to increasing the capacity for traditional ecological knowledge at our conference. The Symposium acknowledges the role of Indigenous people in water management and their connection to waterscapes, as well as the land. The presentations will reveal the steps Indigenous peoples are taking to manage their water resources and look at opportunities for a shared approach. This session will include local and international Indigenous speakers.
- Terence Abbott
- Vanessa Cavanagh, Eco Logical Australia
- Sonia Cooper, Yorta Yorta Nation
- Victor and Veronica Dobson
- Lana Hartwig, Griffith University
- Fred Hooper, Northern Basin Aboriginal Nations
- Brad Moggridge, University of Canberra
- Shaina Russell, Macquarie University
Date: Tuesday, 26 September
Costs: AUD $50
Bookings can be made directly through the registration page, or as an add-on to a full conference registration.