Australian Freshwater Macroinvertebrate Taxonomy Workshop
Sydney Water, in collaboration with ASL, is hosting a freshwater macroinvertebrate taxonomy workshop on 28 September 2017. The much anticipated workshop will engage in information sharing between taxonomic researchers and those who rely on accurate taxonomic nomenclature to enhance precision and maintain currency in the monitoring of freshwater macroinvertebrates.
- Chris Madden - A dichotomous key for aquatic Diptera pupae to family level.
- Phil Suter - Morphological characteristics of the nine Paratya lineages (Decapoda: Atyidae): putting a face to a name.
- Julia Mynott – An update on Dinotoperla and Newmanoperla Stonefly species.
- Michael Shackleton - The taxonomic status of Trichoptera given recent genetic evidence.
- Winston Ponder – A lucid key for freshwater mollusc to species level.
- Gunther Theischinger - How are Australia’s listed dragonflies doing?
- Brian Timms – A key to the genera of clam shrimp (Crustacea; Branchiopoda) in Australia.
When: Thursday 28 September 2017
Where: CB10.03.460 - Classroom
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Bookings can be made directly through the registration page, or as an add-on to a full conference registration.