ASL Student Travel Grant
Applications are invited from research students for travel assistance to attend and present a paper at the Annual Conference of the Australian Society for Limnology. The purpose of this assistance is to encourage students to present the results of their work in public. Students who are carrying out research in any branch of limnology for a higher degree are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be full-time postgraduate students at any Australian university. There is no age limitation.
- Applicants must have current financial membership of the ASL for at least six months.
Process for application
- Applications must include a written statement of no more than 200 words describing the research, its significance and the stage that has been reached. This statement must be endorsed by the student’s supervisor.
- An abstract of the paper that the applicant proposes to present to the Conference must also be included.
A three member panel of ASL members will assess the applications on the basis of:
- Significance of the work.
- Originality and soundness of the research.
- The progress made and whether the stage has been reached where something useful can be presented. Ability to present a clear and concise statement of the study.
Please note the closing date for this application is the 12th August 2017.
(Abstract submission deadline 8th June 2017)
For further details and to submit your application contact:
Dr Rebecca Lester - email@example.com